Why We Like The Roubion Carbon CC X01 Eagle Mountain Bike
Juliana's new Roubion lets us saddle up knowing we can tackle anything the mountain throws at us. This 150mm trail bike struts mixed-wheel sizes, giving us the quick-rolling confidence of a 29er up front, and the precise maneuverability of a 27.5in wheel out back. Like all Julianas, the Roubion is tuned for lighter weight riders than its Santa Cruz counterpart, the Bronson.
The fourth-generation Roubion has a frame that's purpose-built to work around a 27.5in and 29in wheel combo, offering a better ride than scrappy mullet conversions that can have undesirable effects on the bike's geometry and handling. The revised wheels bring the mixed wheel size game into the park and enduro lineup, giving riders a bike that's nimble in the corners but rolls over the chunder all day long. The bike maintains the same 150mm of VPP rear travel as the previous generation, but the suspension has lower anti-squat values to help enhance the bike's traction and overall smoothness.
This particular Roubion benefits from the Carbon CC layup, which is the lightest offering from Santa Cruz and provides an ultra-responsive feel. SRAM handles shifting duties with its lightweight and reliable X01 groupset, and the Fox Factory 36 fork welcomes chunky terrain with its incredible descending poise. Note that the size-extra small Roubion is built with two 27.5in wheels to better suit smaller riders.
*Due to unprecedented demand in the global supply chain and the bike industry over the last 18 months, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be minor. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Mixed-wheel trail and enduro bike with high-end parts package
- 29er up front rolls over obstacles with ease
- 27.5 rear wheel preserves the bike's playful handling
- 150mm of VPP rear travel paired with a 160mm Fox 36 fork
- Updated suspension kinematics for greater traction
- Slack head-angle, steep seat-angle for better pedaling & descending
- Included flip-chip for tunable geometry changes
- Top-of-the-line FOX and RockShox suspension, X01 Eagle drivetrain
- Item #JLIC067