Need advice picking the right gear for your next adventure?Talk to a Gearhead
Select style & size:Select options
The Hovercraft Split shows off its skillset on deep days with effortless float, fluid turn initiation, and precise control across icy steeps. A tapered directional shape sinks the rear end in powder, with the gigantic nose weightlessly keeping you gliding up and across the snow. The lengthened nose rocker keeps you from submerging in powder, regardless if you're surfing turns at slow speeds or opening it up on bigger lines. In less-than-ideal conditions, the responsive camber rails aggressive carves and locks into firm snow.
New for 2020, an FSC-engineered veneer topsheet gives the Hovercraft Split a smooth feel with a natural look, while recycled rounded ABS sidewalls bolster durability in an eco-friendly construction process. Karakoram clips actively join the board halves for a solid feel underfoot that's nearly indistinguishable from riding on a regular board. Traction Tech inner-edges inspire confidence on sketchy ascents, especially when you're side-hilling in icy conditions. Rounding things out, you'll find Quick Tension Tail Clips, which work harmoniously with Jones' signature climbing skins without the need for a traditional tail clip (skins sold separately).
- Surfy splitboard that lives for bottomless pow and tree runs
- Directional shape gives the Hovercraft its floaty namesake
- Prominent nose rocker for maximum buoyancy in deep powder
- Camber underfoot for swift, locked-in carves and ample snap
- Medium-stiff flex for responsiveness and stability at speed
- Karakoram clips actively join both halves for a solid feel
- Traction Tech inner/outer edges for unrelenting grip in hardpack
- Full poplar wood core makes for powerful snap without the bulk
- Item #JSB008T