Select your style & size:Select options
For the next generation.
Specifically made for smaller riders looking to rip untracked backcountry lines, the Jones Discovery Splitboard is the first splitboard on the market designed exclusively for kids and young adults. Compared to its full-sized counterparts, the Discovery Split offers a softer flex that's fine tuned for lightweight riders, as well as skinnier shape for faster edge-to-edge transitions. Other than that, it's still equipped with the same powder-slashing, steeps-charging features as the adult versions, so young riders can tear up the backcountry to their heart's content.
The Discovery features a versatile medium flex that's dialed for all-terrain riding, meaning it goes from straightlining chutes to surfing through trees without skipping a beat. Its Classic Core is made of full poplar wood for a consistently tuned flex with plenty of snap for boosting airs. Biax fiberglass delivers a bit looser torsional flex for effortless edge-to-edge transitions, as well as a slashy feel when riding powder. And for reliable grip on icy skin tracks, Jones added Magne-Traction edges to the inner edges to help kids handle the climb with confidence.
- Versatile split for young backcountry explorers
- Camber with rockered tips for power and float
- Medium flex handles wide variety of terrain
- Magne-Traction edges enhance grip on way up or down
- Durable sintered base is infused with Wend wax
- Recycled edges and sidewalls reduce waste
- Eco-friendly topsheet made from castor beans
- Includes Karakoram clips and tip and tail hooks
- Item #JSB004W
- Q & A
Finally a split for the lighter folks
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This is one of the few splits out their for the smaller adults or younger riders looking to get into splitboarding (keep in mind, I weigh far too much to ride this board in any size but the tech is very similar to the rest of the Jones lineup like the Solution and Explorer). The hybrid camber profile is the ideal profile for the conditions that most folks find on touring days.