A large, top-loading trail crusher with fit adjustability and support to get you through weeklong treks.
Remove yourself from the humdrum of your daily life, and head out into the backcountry for a week with the amply-sized, trail-ready JanSport Klamath 75 backpack. This 77-liter capacity backpack combines a supportive suspension system, torso and shoulder fit adjustability, and an array of functional pockets to keep you comfortable and organized out on the trail. The backpack's GridFit system allows you to adjust the length of the torso from 15 to 19 inches, as well as set your preferred shoulder strap width. Once you have that dialed, fine-tune the fit of the padded shoulder straps, hip-belt, and sternum straps for optimal load balance. Make final load-balancing and load-securing adjustments with the bottom and multiple side compression straps.Once you're moving on the trail, a plastic sheet and aluminum stays running along your back support your load as well as keep items inside the backpack from rubbing up against you. The back panel is fully padded, and includes a ventilating channel for enhanced comfort. The large main compartment with a drawstring closure provides plenty of room for your tent and bear canister, and keep your sleeping bag in a separate zippered compartment with an internal shelf (for holding whatever else you want to separate out with your sleeping bag). Store smaller items you'd like quick access to in the easy-access pockets on the hip-belt, sides, front, and hood. A dedicated internal compartment holds up to a 3-liter hydration reservoir (reservoir not included), and includes a port for routing the tube. The shoulder straps are outfitted to hold the reservoir tube securely in place so it stays out of your way. If you're taking the backpack on a plane trip to your ultimate destination, large carry and haul handles make it easier to manage during your travels.
- Foam-padded shoulder straps and dual-density foam-padded hip-belt
- Sternum straps and adjustable load-lifter straps
- Multiple side compression straps and bottom load-securing straps
- Fits a range of torso lengths from 15 to 19 inches
- GridFit system allows torso-length and shoulder-width adjustments
- Support provided by PE (polyethylene plastic) sheet with aluminum stays
- Fully padded back panel with ventilation channel
- Load capacity for weekend to weeklong backpacking trips
- Large main compartment with drawstring closure, top and zippered side access
- 3-liter capacity hydration sleeve with clip/tube port (reservoir not included)
- Dedicated zippered sleeping bag compartment with internal shelf
- Zippered front pocket, hip-belt pocket, large top hood pocket
- Stretch mesh side pockets
- Large carry and haul handles
- Item #JAN000C
- Q & A
More than I expected!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
As it stands right now. with 25 pounds of weight in my pack it felt light and comfortable. There were no points of irritation or poking. The oversized top pocket is extremely convenient. The side pockets fit my 48oz Everyday Nalgene without an issue (they're actually pretty large side pockets). A great thing about this pack is the ability to change not only the torso but the width of the shoulders. Other packs I've used, I've experienced some soreness the next morning in my back and with this one - not at all. LOVE IT!