Select Style & Size
We're used to seeing Jagwire's brightly colored cable housing adorning bicycles across all levels of cycling because of the brand's reputation for a high-quality combination of cables and housing for smooth shifting and confident braking. The new Jagwire Road Elite Link Brake Cable Kit expands on that functionality with an aluminum link construction that will stand out from the crowd while reducing weight and eliminating compression compared to traditional housing.
The aluminum link construction allows the housing to navigate tight handlebar corners and frame transitions without risk of kinking, which makes for smooth shifting action and reliable, precise brake activation. The housing also features a slick-lube liner that works with the Teflon-coated cable to drastically reduce friction compared to non-lubed/Teflon cable systems for further improved function and exceptional durability.
- Shaves weight, enhances feel, and grabs attention
- Compression-less link housing for crisp brake lever feel
- Links pre-installed on housing segments for easy set up
- Aluminum housing won't kink or rust
- Item #JAG000L
- aluminum alloy, [cables] stainless steel with Teflon
- 1 400mm link segment on 2000mm lubed liner, 1 400mm link segment on 610mm lubed liner, 1 240mm link segment on 710mm lubed liner, 1 850mm Teflon-coated front brake inner cable, 1 1650mm Teflon-coated rear brake inner cable, 26 extra links, 2 CGX-SL brake housing (300mm), 2 open alloy end caps, 2 adpater end caps to 5mm housing stop, 2 adpater end caps to 5mm brake housing, 2 cable tips, 7 mini tube tops, 3 cable donuts, 2 rotating hooks
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 year
California Proposition 65
What do you think about this product?
January 13, 2019
Mediocre cables and housing
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Previously I had the shimano polymer coated shifter cables and housing. The jagwire system has noticablely more friction for the front derailleur compared to the shimano cable/housing. Rear derailleur feels similar between the two. Unless you're trying to save a few grams, I find it hard to justify the higher price and drop in performance over the shimano cables and housing.
March 10, 2019
Maybe you should use these on breaks since they are for breaks, not derailleurs.
September 7, 2019
Actually, they are for brakes, not "breaks" as Jeff D. said above. Is it safe to assume you meant to place this review for the derailleur cable?
February 24, 2018
Best Housing On The Market.
- I've put it through the wringer
Put this housing to get my aluminum road bike to sub 15 pound. I never realized how much braking power was lost in the bends of standard spiraled brake housing until I got these. was able to upgrade to some lightweight single pivot brakes when I got this housing because there was way too much power with regular dual pivot brakes. for those who are looking to increase braking power w/o going disc brake, this is an easy upgrade.
June 8, 2017
Looks cool, works like a charm
- I've put it through the wringer
Put these cables on my bike as part of a total overhaul (new group, bar tape, etc) and it looks and feels awesome! The links of the cable housing kind of make it look like a string of bones, which I, personally, think is cool. Brakes feel crisp and reliable.