Select style & size:Select options
A boat that breaks the mold.
Borrowing designs from Jackson Kayak's whitewater specialist, the Karma creek boat, the Karma Traverse 9 Kayak is well equipped to tackle everything from class 4 rapids to long sections of flat water with equal ease. Ideal for multi-day trips down everything from the Grand Canyon section of the Colorado, Idaho's Middle Fork of the Salmon, and quick day trips down your local section, the Karma Traverse 9 is specifically designed to accommodate the beginner to intermediate paddler who is looking to cut their teeth in the world of whitewater kayaking, but still wants a boat that's comfortable and fun to paddle on mellow rivers.
The Karma Traverse gets its predictable and stable feel from the soft edge displacement hull with drop chine rails, which allow the boat to carve, remain stable in tricky spots, and quickly maneuver in and out of turbulent eddy lines. The bow has plenty of rocker and buoyancy to make the boat confidence-inspiring in rapids, while just enough rocker in the stern makes the boat remarkably nimble. In terms of paddling feel, the Karma Traverse paddles similar to a long creek boat, but thanks to its drop-down skeg, the boat will still hold a straight line and track well when you're paddling across those seemingly endless sections of flatwater that you'll find on big rivers like the Colorado or Utah's Green.
- A versatile kayak at home on techy sections and multi-days
- Rocker in tip for slamming holes and rocker in back for response
- Uni-Shock bulkhead absorbs impact when running technical rapids
- Stern hatch for storing gear on day trips and multi-days
- Yakattack tracks for mounting gear and gadgets
- Deck lines for quick and non-technical gear placements
- GoPro ready so you can document the war story
- Item #JAK002I