Why We Like The iXS Trigger AM MIPS Helmet
With IXS's background in motosports, we would be lying if we said we weren't surprised with the company's prowess in the protection department, and the Trigger AM MIPS Helmet is no exception. It uses double in-mold construction to elevate impact absorption, and a burly polycarbonate shell that takes the brunt of hits from higher-speed impacts.
A unique ErgoFit Ultra retention system enables you to adjust your fit both vertically and horizontally, accommodating more head shapes and sizes, while maintaining comfort by avoiding pressure points. An adjustable visor offers coverage from harsh sunny days, but can be moved upwards in three different positions to accommodate goggles on dusty enduro days. The helmet is finished off with a magnetic fastener for fast and reliable closure.
- All-mountain helmet with moto-backed technology
- Double in-mold shell is designed to absorb impact
- Polycarbonate shell takes the sting out of knocks
- Adjustable visor accommodates goggles
- ErgoFit Ultra system for horizontal, vertical adjustment
- Magnetic fastener secures quickly and reliably
- Item #IXSC00E
- 3-position adjustable, goggle-compatible
- EN1078, Complies with U.S. CPSC Safety Standard for Bicycle Helmets for Persons Age 5 and Older, KC
- Fit Adjustment
- ErgoFit Ultra
- external and internal ventilation channels
- Shell Material
4 based on 2 ratings
Fits Slightly SmallScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
March 8, 2022
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
The helmet is well constructed, comfortable, and breathable. it would have been nice if there had been a S, M, and L individually rather than the S/M and M/L options. I wear a M in Smith, Kask, Lazer, and Abus, so I went with the S/M. This was a bit on the tight side. Other than the sizing, the helmet is wonderful. Great coverage and plenty of venting. I would recommend this with other top brands in the category for sure. +++++UPDATE+++++ i adjusted the cradle on the back of the helmet and now it fits beautifully. changing my score from 4 stars to 5 stars.
Originally reviewed on Competitivecyclist.com
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help