Select Style & Size
We've been riding and admiring Industry Nine's high-end wheels for years, so when we saw that they released a mountain bike stem with the same striking anodized colorways as their hubs, we were excited to say the least. We're happy to present the A35 Stem, named after the A-axis in I9's five-axis CNC machining centers. And like their revered hubs, the A35 Stem performs as good as it looks. Industry Nine designed it to be as stiff as possible while still coming in at a competitive weight, all while upholding their rigorous manufacturing and testing standards. They even went so far as to build an in-house stem and handlebar testing unit and design a testing protocol that exceeds the ISO standard for stems, demonstrating their commitment to quality.
The A35 Stem is machined, anodized, and assembled entirely in-house at I9's Asheville, North Carolina manufacturing facility. It's made from a solid billet of high-grade 7075 aluminum which offers superior strength to the 6061 aluminum more commonly found on mountain bike stems. The bolts are high-strength stainless steel to match the integrity of the stem. It's available in 11 anodized colors, and four different lengths ranging from a stubby 32mm all the way up to 60mm. It's designed to fit 35mm diameter handlebars, which seems to be the standard most handlebar companies are going with for aggressive all-mountain riding.
- I9's exceptionally strong & strikingly beautiful MTB stem
- Manufactured in-house in Asheville, North Carolina
- Machined from a billet of high-grade 7075 aluminum
- Strength tested well beyond ISO standards for MTB stems
- Uses custom high-strength stainless steel bolts
- Available in 11 anodized colors and 4 different lengths
- Item #NIN003G
- [stem] 7075 aluminum, [bolts] 316 stainless steel
- 32mm, 40mm, 50mm, 60mm
- [32mm] +/- 9-degree, [40mm] +/- 8-degree, [50mm] +/- 7-degree, [60mm] +/- 6-degree
- Clamp Diameter
- Steer Tube Diameter
- [32mm] 42mm, [40 - 60mm] 40mm
- Bar Attachment
- 4-bolt aluminum faceplate with 180-degree wrap
- Claimed Weight
- [32mm] 128g, [40mm] 135g, [50mm] 150g, [60mm] 165g
- Recommended Use
- downhill, enduro, trail
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
February 11, 2020
Tough and Good Looking
- I've put it through the wringer
I don't think much about the stem on my bike once i find the right length, it just has to not break and I9 has proven they can make tough parts. Made in the USA is always good too. Weight's not really a consideration for me on stems so I can't say how that compares, but what sold me on this is simply that it looks so good! At the end of the day that's definitely worth the price over something more generic.
June 18, 2019
- I've used it several times
I have swapped this and the Enve stem on multiple rides and the build quality of this stem is incredible. It is heavy, but you never worry about there being an issue as it is robust. I may keep the Enve on more frequently, but I may instead put this stem on another bike because it is too great to just have sitting around.
April 11, 2019
Great piece of bling
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I have I9 wheels on my SC Hightower and this is the perfect dress-up piece to compliment. Does it make you go faster or the bike handle better? No, its a stem....but the machining work is art in and of itself and it makes your cockpit look oh-so-nice. I coupled with a set of Renthal 35mm Carbon Stealth bars and happy with the combo.