The harsh reality is you simply cannot wake up early enough to beat the traffic, sit on the first chair, and get that one, well-deserved, untouched line, which means you mainly ride leftover crud and the usual variable conditions that encompass the resort right after second chair. Lucky for you, Icelantic's Sabre 99 Ski cuts through all that crud like it was butter. Its rockered tip rises early to clear over soon-to-be moguls, and the camber underfoot initiates a tight turn for easier control and a better edge on icy terrain.
Icelantic built the Pioneer's core out of poppy poplar wood to help you bounce in and out of turns. There are three layers of rubber combined with tri-axial and unilateral fiberglass laminates to add plenty of stiffness for hard-charging experts. If you ever make it to the resort early enough, well, you might only have to imagine how well the Sabre handles itself on fresh groomers and fresher pow.
- All-mountain ski charges through crud and variable snow
- Versatile 99mm waist drives in any condition at the resort
- Early rise rocker helps keep the tip up in soft, deep powder
- Camber underfoot employs a tight turn for better edging on firm snow
- Poppy poplar wood core with rubber and fiberglass for stiffness
- Sandwich construction includes durable, easy-to-tune sidewalls
- Item #ICB001N