Hyperia Lite Down Jacket
Some say it's hard to combine warmth, packability, and light weight into one jacket. We say they haven't seen the Icebreaker Hyperia Lite Down Jacket for Men before. Don't let the name fool you, the Hyperia Lite takes its insulation from merino wool instead of goose down, using the natural properties of wool to excel into territory that down just doesn't make it into. Merino wool is naturally wicking, odor resistant, warm when wet, dries quickly, and the cherry on top, is machine washable at home. The lofty merino insulation is quilted between two layers of nylon, the outer of which is DWR treated to help water roll off. Stitching is omitted over the top of your shoulders, with offset shoulder seams to prevent pack rub and chafing for long days on the trail, and it's all packable into its interior pocket for convenient stowing on long treks or trips around the world.
- A packable wool insulated jacket for outdoor adventure
- Naturally odor resistant and moisture wicking insulation
- Merino wool is machine washable and dries quickly
- Fight odor with natural wool fibers
- Narrow side panel quilting contours to your body
- DWR treated to repel snow and rain
- Item #ICE00PK
- [face fabric] 100% nylon, DWR treated, [lining] 100% nylon
- MerinoLOFT (88% merino wool, 12% polylactide)
- Fill Weight
- 2 zippered hand, 1 zippered internal
- Claimed Weight
- [medium] 8.46oz
- Recommended Use
- backpacking, casual, hiking
What do you think about this product?
August 28, 2018
This is a jacket that stands in its one category. Due to wool feeling the jacket is really light and handles humidity better than anything else. It is not intended to be a down parka - it offers a great deal of warmth if you are active I say anything around 40 degrees Fahrenheit it will do just fine.
June 5, 2018
Not much insulation
- I've used it several times
- Runs small
- Size Bought
- 5` 11"
- 160 lbs
Not really adding much warmth.