Let's talk about wool.
The Icebreaker Away Long-Sleeve Full-Zip Showers Hoodie features fabric made with nothing more and nothing less than merino wool, so you might as well get acquainted with all it has to offer. This natural fiber is a champion when it comes to regulating body temperature, trapping your hard-earned warmth while allowing for excess water vapor to move away from you body when you're working hard—whether that be an early spring trail run or steep switchbacks in high alpine country. Wool will also keep you warm if you're caught in an unexpected rainstorm, unlike down, because its naturally springy construction doesn't loose its shape when wet. Plus, it's naturally resistant to mildew and odors, keeping the fabric funk free if you're on an extended trip in the backcountry, sans washing machine.
Aside from its brilliant decision to use merino wool, Icebreaker created the Away Showers Hoodie with low-profile, merrow-stitched seams for next-to-skin comfort, and they're offset at the shoulders to prevent chafing when you're traveling with a pack. A fitted hood provides extra warmth and protection when the day's particularly chilly, and a set of pockets offer a spot to stash your trail map, a handkerchief, or beef jerky.
- Technical layering piece for chilly trails and mountain adventures
- Natural fibers provide optimal warmth, breathability, and comfort
- Fitted hood for extra protection on cold, misty days
- Low-profile seams and offset shoulders for comfort under your pack
- Merino wool's natural odor resistance keeps the funk to a minimum
- Slim fit can easily be layered beneath your protective hardshell
- Item #ICE00V5