Up To 60% Off
Why We Like The Ibis Ripmo XT I9 Carbon Wheel Mountain Bike
For us, the conversation about aggressive trail bikes always starts with the Ibis Ripmo, and this XT I9 Carbon Wheel build is a perfect example of why. Built out with lightweight components and top-tier suspension from Fox, this build lets the Ripmo show its true capabilities. The V2 Ripmo utilizes 147mm of rear wheel travel that provides plenty of traction for gnarly enduro tracks, yet remains maneuverable enough to pedal all season long as a daily-driver trail bike. The 64.9-degree head tube angle and 475mm reach (in a size large) provide modern touches for stability without going over the top, maintaining this bike’s enthusiastic feel under pedaling power.
The most impressive part of any Ripmo to us is the incredibly supple, ground-hugging, trail-enhancing goodness that the DW-Link rear suspension is known for. It offers a supportive pedaling feel that’s complemented by a steep seat tube angle that lets us motor up even the trickiest rocky climbs. On the way down, 147mm of gushy travel soaks up big drops and picks apart burly rock gardens, while the 160mm Fox Factory 38 fork handles the traction duties up front. This build boasts a poised feel on the trail thanks to crisp shifting and braking performance supplied by Shimano XT components, and instant-engagement Industry Nine hubs laced to lightweight Ibis S35 Carbon rims.
*Due to unprecedented demand in the global supply chain and the bike industry over the last 18 months, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be minor. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Mid-travel 29er suited for aggressive trail and enduro riding
- 147mm of DW-Link travel is incredibly balanced for all types of trails
- Fox Factory fork and shock provide a wide range of adjustments
- Carbon frame is lightweight, stiff, and responsive
- Ibis S35 Carbon wheelset reduces weight and feels reactive
- Grippy Maxxis rubber offers excellent cornering traction
- Steep seat tube angle provides a comfortable pedaling position
- Shimano XT drivetrain delivers a no-fuss shifting feel
- Item #IBSB08C