Why We Like The Ibis Ripmo AF Deore Coil Mountain Bike
When it comes to the ratio between value and capability, we think the Ripmo AF Deore Coil Mountain Bike blows the competition out of the water. The AF version of the Ripmo still delivers 147mm of rear wheel travel powered by one of our favorite rear linkages in the industry, the DW-Link. We love the DW-Link design because it offers a progressive design that's super soft off the top for rear-wheel traction on technical trails, yet ramps up in the end stroke for added support on the big hits. Between the travel and the rollover capabilities of the 29in wheels front and rear, the Ripmo AF is worthy of gnarly enduro riders or trail riders who prefer more forgiveness than a short-travel machine can offer. The 64.9-degree head tube angle keeps things slack for stability without going over the top, and the 76-degree seat tube angle delivers an efficient climbing position.
This value-oriented build kicks things off with a Marzocchi Bomber Z1 Coil fork with 160mm of travel to inspire confidence on the gnarliest descents. The DVO Jade X Coil out back continues to build on the bike's descending prowess, offering excellent small-bump compliance and predictable tracking on chunky trails. Shimano's Deore series drivetrain and brake components feel a lot like their XT components, only at a fraction of the cost. In-house Blackbird Send Alloy wheels from Ibis are super durable and provide a compliant ride feel. Ibis finishes off this build with grippy Maxxis Assegai tires, making this mid-travel trail bike completely worthy of any local enduro races and gnarly backcountry terrain.
*Due to a high demand in the global supply chain and bike industry, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be of equal or better spec level. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- All-mountain trail bike with excellent value and an appetite for gnar
- 147mm of DW-Link rear wheel travel eats up chunky trails
- Marzochhi Bomber Z1 Coil fork with 160mm travel tames big hits
- Shimano Deore 12-speed drivetrain and Deore brakes offer great value
- DVO Jade X Coil shock requires little maintenance and erases bumps
- Durable Ibis Blackbird Send alloy wheels have a 35mm internal width
- Maxxis Assegai tires offer supreme grip with durable EXO+ casing
- Steep 76-degree seat tube angle and supportive DW-Link offer efficient climbing
- Item #IBSB07Z