Why We Like The Ripley Carbon 4.0 Mountain Bike Frame
The Ibis Ripley has cemented its spot at the top of our list of short-travel trail bikes. It strikes the perfect blend of a light and fast rig that can climb like a cross-country bike and descend like a monster all-mountain bike. The Ibis Ripley V4S boasts the same longer, slacker, steeper geometry of the Ripley V4, but with some revisions that make it even more capable. The Ripley sports 120mm of DW-Link travel supported by a Fox Factory DPS shock for a ride that is highly efficient and supportive on the climb and extremely responsive on technical downhills. A revised swingarm sports a 55mm chainline, which not only created room for larger chainrings up front, but also allowed for a stiffer chainstay to support us when things get gnarly.
The revised Ibis Ripley maintains the genre-blending geometry that we have grown to love while giving us some new features and options to build our dream trail or cross-country machine. The 66.5-degree headtube angle is designed around 29in wheels and a 44mm offset fork to deliver BMX-like handling that plows over obstacles with ease. Taking Ibis’s recommendations into account, we can choose to run a 120mm fork for a highly capable XC speed machine, or even up to a 140mm fork for a downcountry bike that still climbs like a beast. The low standover height lets us find our size based on reach rather than inseam, and also run longer dropper posts so that we can get the saddle all the way out of the way on the descent. The Ibis Ripley frame is ready to be built up for everything from toeing the starting line to blasting off side hits.
*Due to a high demand in the global supply chain and bike industry since the start of the pandemic, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be of equal or better spec level. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Short travel carbon 29er frameset ready to be a do-it-all trail bike
- Carbon Monocoque layup is super light and ultra strong
- 120mm of DW-Link travel climbs efficiently and maintains traction
- Fox Factory DPS shock provides bump-busting rear suspension
- Ability to run 120 - 140mm forks allows us to fine-tune our ride
- SRAM Universal Derailleur Hanger makes for easy-to-find replacements
- Threaded bottom bracket allows for easy maintenance and a quiet ride
- Room for up to 29 x 2.6in tires gives us endless traction options
- Item #IBSB0AE
- Frame Material
- carbon fiber
- Wheel Size
- Rear Shock
- Fox Float Factory DPS with EVOL
- Rear Travel
- Fork Travel
- [recommended] 120 - 140mm
- ZS44 upper / ZS56 lower
- Headset Included
- Bottom Bracket Type
- 73mm, English threaded
- ISCG Tabs
- optional ISCG-05 adapter
- Cable Routing
- Brake Type
- 160mm post-mount, disc, 203mm max rotor
- Seatpost Diameter
- Front Axle
- 15 x 110mm Boost
- Rear Axle
- 12 x 148mm Boost
- Tire Clearance
- 2.6 x 29in
- downtube protector, swingarm protector
- Claimed Weight
- [medium] 5lb (without shock)
- cross-country, trail
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help