Why We Like The Ibis Ripley AF NX Eagle Exclusive Mountain Bike
The Ripley AF has always impressed us with its capability and incredible value, so we decided to round up some of our favorite components to put this Ripley AF NX Eagle Exclusive Mountain Bike together. 120mm of DW-Link rear travel keeps us planted as we scramble up technical climbs, and it provides a pretty impressive descending feel despite its short-travel numbers. The Ripley rolls on 29in wheels to supply rollover capabilities for square-edge features and off-camber roots, plus they carry momentum over flat trail sections. With its 65.5-degree head tube angle, the Ripley strikes a nice balance between maneuverability for sharp switchbacks and stability for carrying speed over trail features.
This Ripley utilizes the aluminum frame construction from Ibis which delivers an impressive value, dampens trail vibrations, and only suffers from a slight weight penalty compared to the carbon framed version. While the travel numbers might suggest this bike is for climbing, we enjoy descending on it so much that we spec’d the top-tier Fox Float 34 Factory fork which supplies 130mm of travel and a wide range of adjustments. Blackbird’s Send alloy wheels are another build highlight thanks to their bomber durability and compliant ride feel. This Ripley build is a great quiver of one for the rider who’s looking for value and sticks to undulating terrain, or as a dedicated trail bike for a rider who already has a bigger bike.
*Due to a high demand in the global supply chain and bike industry since the start of the pandemic, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be of equal or better spec level. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Short-travel trail bike with our in-house, value-driven components
- 120mm of DW-Link travel is efficient yet supplies lots of traction
- Fox Float 34 Factory fork with 130mm travel is solid on descents
- 29in wheels roll over jagged rocks and tricky root sections
- Blackbird Send alloy wheels hold up over time and dampen vibrations
- Aluminum frame delivers a compliant ride feel and adds value
- Competitive Cyclist edition grips and saddle show off your custom build
- SRAM NX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain delivers reliable performance
- Item #IBSB09X
Cancer - P65Warnings.ca.gov