Select style & size:Select options
Skimmer 116 Sit-On-Top Kayak
Thermo-molded Trylon makes the Hurricane Sit-On-Top Skimmer 116 Kayak one of the lightest SOTs on the market, and the touring-style profile makes it easy to steer the Skimmer across lakes or in calm coastal waters. Unlike its polyethylene compatriots, the Skimmer sits below the half-century mark on the scale, and it's still perfectly stable, so you can cruise along with just a few powerful strokes.
The AireStream seat back with Skimmer Cushpad can be tweaked to fit the contours of your body for maximum comfort. Adjustable foot braces are the final finish on the semi-custom fit for this sit-on-top 'yak. Stash a dry bag with snacks and a towel in the bow hatch. The center day hatch comes with a little plastic bucket, so your plastic baggie with keys and phone don't get lost, or so you can put your bait cup within easy reach.
A removable bungee cord lets a milk crate or cooler sit happily inside the rear tankwell. A center cup holder is the perfect place for whatever you just grabbed out of the cooler. The side paddle park comes in handy when you want to stop for a snack or to snap some photos. Two plastic grab handles let you ferry your 'yak to and from the water's edge, two scupper holes, one in the footwell and one behind the seat, mean you're not taking on too much water when paddling through falls, and a single stern drain plug makes it easy to eliminate any excess water.
- Impressively lightweight sit-on-top touring kayak for calm waters
- Trylon construction sheds weight and adds nimble navigation
- AireStream seat with Cushpad is adjustable for maximum comfort
- Foot brace adjusts easily with pinch-and-pull design
- Comfortable side handles make for convenient grip
- Console with cup holder stashes water bottle
- Removable bungee cord secures a cooler or flybox
- Item #HCN0014