The Houdini RollerCoaster Jacket was designed for the big ups and big downs spent when hitting the big mountains. Built with the Atmos membrane to withstand moisture and snow, the jacket fends off big sprays of powder when blasting through the white room or when riding the lift through a blower snow storm. The Loop hardshell fabric offers plenty of protection without sacrificing mobility, the two way stretch material provides a comfortable range of movement when carving turn after turn without feeling restricted.
- A ski jacket built for the ups and downs of mountain terrain
- Atmos membrane sheds water and snow when charging big lines
- Loop hardshell material adds mobility when carving around trees
- Fully sealed seams prevent moisture from sneaking into the jacket
- Under-arm ventilation dumps heat for quick temperature regulation
- Hook and loop closure at sleeves block out snow from entering gloves
- Adjustable hood can be pulled up for added protection from elements
- Item #HOU004Y
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
- Height: 6'0"
- Weight: 210lbs
I got the chance to demo this jacket for a couple days and i was blown away by it. The stretch meant that I got a great range of motion. The fit was amazing as well, narrow enough to look good, while still being long enough and wide enough to fit over my butt. My favorite feature was the angled vents. They were super easy to open with one hand while on a chairlift.
Check out the jacket in action!
Amazing shell for the mountains!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Small
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight: 135lbs
This jacket is exactly what I was looking for. I have a few boxes that need to be checked before I choose a jacket, I want it to be comfortable, it needs to perform under multiple scenarios and it has to look good. This jacket checks off all those boxes. The fit is really unique. Houdini cut the fabric on a 3D model, instead of on a flat surface, and the result is noticeable. It moves with you and the zippers are all in the right places.
I'm a huge fan of Swedish companies and this is another amazing product from a great brand! If you haven't heard of Houdini you need to check these out, you will not regret it. I also love not wearing the same thing as everyone else out on the slopes.
I highly recommend this jacket for anyone looking for a jacket to serve the varying conditions that the mountains serve up. If you like to go into the backcountry and tour, the jacket is lightweight enough that you can carry it in your pack and burly enough to handle any conditions.
I will definitely be looking to Houdini for more garments for my outdoor pursuits!