Premium protection in a chic silhouette.
Who says military style has to be boxy and boyish? Definitely not Holden. The Women's Shelter Jacket by Holden provides a feminine take on the classic M-65 military silhouette, complete with proven protection from the elements with its Toray Mountain Cloth fabric. This waterproof, breathable fabric repels deep powder from soaking through, all while breathing to prevent you from sweating on the mountain. Plus, it's fully sealed to prevent outside moisture from seeping through the tiniest cracks, which comes in handy on those especially wet days.
Holden filled the Shelter Jacket with 60-gram polyfill insulation for extra warmth when you're layering this over your fleece sweaters and long-sleeve baselayers. Since it's synthetic, you won't have to worry about outside moisture compromising its ability to trap warmth, even on powder days and melt-down sessions at the end of the season. And to keep your backside dry, Holden styled the Shelter Jacket with a drop-tail hemline, so you're not soaking up excess moisture when you're seated on the chairlift or strapping into your bindings.
- Feminine lines and military style converge in this jacket
- Toray Mountain Cloth for waterproof, breathable protection
- Fully sealed seams prevent moisture from seeping through
- Polyfill insulation traps precious warmth in the cold
- Zippered underarm vents help to regulate body temperature
- Flattering cut with drop-tail hem for extra protection
- Lower patch pockets provide access to must-have items
- Internal media pocket for jamming out on the mountain
- Item #HOL005Q
- Q & A
Nice, but runs super small
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: Runs small
I may reorder this in a larger size, still considering that option since this is a pretty nice jacket. Obviously solid for the mountain, but with plenty of style for everyday wear. Really liked the pocket design (super important!), the longer length, and the inner thumbhole cuffs. I returned it, though, because it fit WAY small. If you have narrow shoulders and are pretty slim, you could stick with the same size you usually order, but if you're not or want room for layers, definitely go up a size.