Why We Like The Speedgoat 4 Trail Running Shoe
As speedy goats ourselves, we can't help but appreciate another Speedgoat when we see one. HOKA ONE ONE's Speedgoat 4 Trail Running Shoe tackles trickly terrain with speedy zest. It combines HOKA's max cush with Vibram's Megagrip rubber for reliable traction on a variety of surfaces. The foam in the midsole is lighter than previous Speedgoats, and the mesh upper feels super airy. We also appreciate the 3D-printed overlays over the upper's midfoot to keep the fit solid mile after mile.
- Running shoes with reliable trail performance and a cushioned ride
- Vibram Megagrip outsole rubber won't slip out in wet conditions
- Outsole lugs provide grip on the way up and braking on the way down
- Lightweight foam midsole ensures a soft yet responsive ride
- Updated mesh upper delivers breathability while staying durable
- 3D-printed overlays give your midfoot more support for tricky trails
- Wider forefoot adds stability and greater comfort for long miles
- Item #HOKZ01P
- Upper Material
- lightweight foam
- Vibram Megagrip
- Support Type
- Heel / Forefoot Height
- 30 / 26mm
- Claimed Weight
- [single] 9.2oz
- Recommended Use
- trail running
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 45 days
What do you think about this product?
May 9, 2021
Too narrow - pinky toes are destroyed
- Runs small
- Size Bought
- 5` 8"
I typically road run in the Cliftons, which are great, and I was looking for something similar in a trail shoe. As soon as I put the Speedgoats on, they felt a little narrow. I thought they were just stiff and needed a little breaking in, but they ultimately peeled the skin off my pinky toes. I thought it was maybe how they were laced, so I tried re-lacing, but the shoe creased in a strange spot (right at the pinky toe) and the outer material of the shoe is rather stiff/unforgiving. After asking around, it sounds like this is a common issue for those that do well in the Cliftons. I have no other complaints about them - and those with a narrow foot would likely do just fine in them.
January 21, 2021
what is the width of this shoe? The Speedgoat 5's are quite wide.