Why We Like The Challenger Mid GTX Hiking Shoe
We like to hit the trails regardless of the forecast with the HOKA ONE ONE Challenger Mid GTX Hiking Shoes. These mid-hikers offer added support to our ankles, whether we're carrying a light pack or navigating rocky fields. A GORE-TEX bootie and waterproof leather upper protect you from wet trails, and HOKA's legendary cushioning keeps you comfortable along the way.
- Incredibly comfortable and protective hiking shoe
- Waterproof Nubuck leather upper is durable and long-lasting
- GORE-TEX membrane is completely waterproof and breathable
- Midfoot seatbelt locks down your foot for a secure feel
- Meta-Rocker profile offers a smooth, consistent stride
- CMEVA midsole absorbs shock and adds cushioning
- Podular outsole with 4mm lugs provides premium traction
- Item #HOKZ02N
- Upper Material
- waterproof Nubuck leather
- GORE-TEX membrane
- Podular design
- Claimed Weight
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 45 days
What do you think about this product?
July 6, 2020
Not much traction
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Runs large
- Size Bought
I wanted to love these shoes! I am a huge Hoka fan and have been hiking in their Speed Goat trail runners for a few years. After a minor ankle sprain on a chronically unstable ankle, I decided to opt for a shoe with a mid-height upper for more ankle support. I bought the exact same size, wore my same hiking socks, and these ended up being too large. On just a 3.5-mile hike I got blisters between my first and second toes and it just felt like my foot was sliding around the entire time. Additionally, these do not have a Vibram sole like my other Hokas (which I didn't realize until after), so did not have great traction on some somewhat damp rocks. On the rocky trails in New England, that's not going to fly! I ended up returning after one wear. On the plus side, they were very comfortable, no break-in time, and I did feel like they provided adequate ankle support.