Cavu 2 Running Shoe
Whether you are a runner who runs every morning, or a runner who jogs one to two days a week, a runner is a runner. The HOKA ONE ONE Cavu 2 Running Shoe is a versatile running shoe that can be worn for your daily activity. Made with a seamless engineered mesh upper for supportive ventilation on intensive workouts and a Lycra bootie that gives you seamless next-to-skin comfort as you move, this shoe keeps your feet cool and comfortable through the miles. The Cavu 2 features a Profly midsole that gives you a softer heel for shock absorption and a firmer forefoot to boost your energy return. And the rubberized foam sole delivers both cushion and a soft ground contact for extra comfort on your runs.
- Neutral road running shoe for performance through the miles
- 5mm drop encourages natural stride for runners who midfoot strike
- Seamless engineered mesh upper provides breathable comfort
- Comfort Lycra bootie under the mesh offers snug, next-to-foot fit
- Lightweight Profly midsole delivers a responsive, energized ride
- Rubberized foam sole gives both cushion and soft ground contact
- Traditional lace design allows for a customized fit for each run
- HOKA ONE ONE designs its shoes to encourage a natural running gait
- Item #HOK004S
- Q & A
- Fit: Runs large
- Height: 6'1"
- Weight: 165lbs
The weight to cushion ratio on the Cavu 2 is insane! The striped back upper is breathable and helps to really drop the weight in a way that feels very natural and secure. The profly midsole gives you the firmness you need when you really want to push the speed but has enough softness that a 20 plus mile long run doesn't leave your feet screaming. The sizing is about a half size large, I would really recommend sizing down a half size! My size 10.5 weighed in at 7.6 oz, which is so light for a stack height of 25mm! The only thing I have found that I wish was adjusted on this shoe is a giving a little bit of rubber on the sole for traction instead of the mixed rubber midsole , which in the end shaves weight but compromised traction on wet or snowy days. Overall, the cavu 2 has really been amazing for tempo and faster paced long runs for me and seems like they will hold up really well. After 100 miles there is really only minimal wear on the outsole, so I would expect these to hold up at least 400 miles!