Select style & size:Select options
When trails turn icy.
You don't need to stop running your favorite trails during winter when Hillsound's Trail Crampon Ultra assures traction on icy, hard-packed snow. This superlight crampon uses small, stainless steel spikes to prevent slipping when you're sprinting over black ice and other slippery terrain. The elastomer harness ensures a secure fit that still allows the same mobility you're used to. Hillsound added a hook-and-loop strap to keep the fit secure from mile one to infinity.
- Performance-driven, ultralight crampon for trail running or hiking
- Stainless steel spikes assure traction on packed snow and ice
- Elastomer harness accommodates running shoes and hiking boots
- Item #HLS0003
- Q & A
High Altitude Spring Backpacking
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Purchased these to use over high mountain passes along the JMT, where there's still snow and ice. Worked perfect. Spikes really grab. One area of concern is you really have to pick up your feet and be conscious of foot placement. Do not slide or drag your feet when you walk or spikes could cause you to trip.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
great quality product for hiking on compact snow. I've used these for both hiking and trail running and they performed great. Much more grip than other crampons I have tried. Really liked the velcro strap over the instep too. Definitely made the crampons feel secure.