The higher you go, the better the snow, so aim for the peak with the Helly Hansen Men's Elevation Shell Jacket. It combines the protection needed to handle the heaviest snowstorms and the breathability you want for venturing into the backcountry, making it the perfect choice for powder hounds who live for deep snow.
Three-layer Helly Tech Pro fabric with FLOW membrane keeps snow out while allowing sweat vapors to escape, so you stay dry from the inside and out. H2Flow venting gives you control of airflow so you can better regulate temperature and stay comfortable through a wide range of conditions. Since many of the best days are when the mountain is socked in by snow and fog, Helly Hansen added Hi Viz details to keep you visible to your friends. The new Life Pocket is insulated to prolong the battery life of your phone or POV camera, and a beacon pocket offers a convenient storage option for when you head out through the gates into the backcountry.
- Award-winning protection for dedicated powder seekers
- Three-layer fabric is highly waterproof and breathable
- H2Flow venting allows precise airflow control
- Insulated Life Pocket prolongs life of electronic devices
- RECCO can aid rescuers in event of an emergency
- Adjustable hood fits comfortably over helmet
- Beacon pocket secures avalanche transceiver
- Hi Viz brim and details aids visibility on storm days
- Item #HYH00HS
- Q & A
bullet proof, tree proof, crash proof
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: XXL
- Height: 6'1"
- Weight: 195lbs
I have used the 2017 version of this jacket for 2 seasons. This is a burly technical shell that has all the bells and whistles you could ever need. The best part about this is the material. It is super thick and very durable. It is so thick that it almost stands up by itself. So if you are looking for a light touring shell -- this isnt it. This is a thick, heavy duty shell for the worst wind, snow and water that Mother Nature can dish out.In the worst conditions it has held up well, and multiple branches have tried to tear it, and not even a scratch.It has held exceedingly well and all the features work as advertised. I ordered an XXL by mistake, but I loved the baggy feel so I just went with it.