Why We Like The Hypto Krypto Future-Flex Futures Shortboard Surfboard
A favorite of ours for its versatile design, the Haydenshapes Hypto Krypto Future-Flex Futures Surfboard is an excellent introductory shortboard for beginners on beach breaks, and elite riders will get a kick out of its playful performance in overhead barrels. It's shaped with a slight rocker and various contours to ensure a versatile performance on all types of surf for any level of surfer, whether we're beginners or experts. A Futureflex construction wraps stringer-less carbon around a high-density EPS core to maximize speed and drive while minimizing twist.
- Shortboard that's a one-board quiver for all types of surf
- Mostly flat with slight rocker handles waves as big as 8 feet
- Flat center and tail excel on smaller 1-3ft beach breaks
- Futureflex construction includes carbon for minimal twisting
- Item #HYS000B
- 5ft 4in, 5ft 6in, 5ft 7in, 5ft 8in, 5ft 9in, 5ft 10in, 5ft 11in, 6ft, 6ft 2in, 6ft 4in, 6ft 6in, 6ft 8in, 6ft 10in
- FutureFlex (EPS foam, parabolic carbon fiber frame, quad-axial lamination)
- flat, slight rocker
- rounded point
- [5ft 4in] 19.5in, [5ft 6in] 19.75in, [5ft 7in] 19.9in, [5ft 8in] 20in, [5ft 9in] 20.1in, [5ft 10in] 20.25in, [5ft 11in] 20.4in, [6ft] 20.5in, [6ft 2in] 20.75in, [6ft 4in] 21in, [6ft 6in] 21.5in, [6ft 8in] 22in, [6ft 10in] 22.5in
- rounded point
- [5ft 4in] 2.4in, [5ft 6in] 2.5in, [5ft 7in] 2.4in, [5ft 8in] 2.5in, [5ft 9in, 5ft 10in] 2.6in, [5ft 11in] 2.7in, [6ft, 6ft 2in] 2.75in, [6ft 4in, 6ft 6in] 3in, [6ft 8in, 6ft 10in] 3.25in
- [5ft 4in] 26.24L, [5ft 6in] 28.62L, [5ft 7in] 29.86L, [5ft 8in] 31.03L, [5ft 9in] 32.28L, [5ft 10in] 33.73L, [5ft 11in] 34.72L, [6ft] 36.33L, [6ft 2in] 38.39L, [6ft 4in] 43.2L, [6ft 6in] 45.52L, [6ft 8in] 51.42L, [6ft 10in] 53.95L
- Hayden Cox
- Tail Shape
- Futures 5 (sold separately)
- Fins Included
- Fin Material
- carbon, e-glass, epoxy resin
- Recommended Use
What do you think about this product?
April 23, 2021
- I've used it several times
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 6` 0"
- 165 lbs
Bought my hypto on backcountry but it’s not the same quality as the original. These are mad in Thailand and get dinged up quite easily. Spend the extra money and buy directly from HS
June 9, 2021
This is not correct. I spoke to the manufacturer. Their custom boards come from Australia, but all of their standard boards are made in Thailand. That includes boards sold by Backcountry and by the manufacturer. The quality is the same, and this review should be deleted by Backcountry, or at least ignored by users. In fact, the board is beautiful, and arrived in great shape, with very speedy shipping.