Select Style & Size
Why We Like The Ultralite Fly Rod
Taking over the blueprint of one of our favorite rod series—the Zephreus—Hardy's Ultralite Fly Rod still brings us that great all-around freshwater performance, but with all-new fly rod technology, top-tier componentry, and impressive versatility that's ready for any angling scenario. Made with Hardy's proprietary Sintrix blank, the Ultralite has an even lighter and more responsive feel than the Zephreus, providing us with more feedback and quicker recovery times without affecting the rod's strength. From the short 3-weight to the 10-foot 8-weight, this versatile rod series exemplifies the mastery of form and function we've come to expect from Hardy.
- Versatile fly rod that replaces Hardy's Zephreus series
- Medium-fast action for unmatched feel and accuracy up close
- Sintrix carbon fiber technology enhances control and response
- REC Recoil guides are extremely lightweight and highly practical
- Ultralight reel seat is light, strong, and uniquely stylish
- Rec black pearl recoil guides decrease weight and maintain shape
- Aluminum rod tube included for safe storage and easy transport
- Item #HDYB04R
- 8ft, 8ft 6in, 9ft, 9ft 6in, 10ft
- Rod Weight
- [8ft] 3wt, 4wt, [8ft 6in] 4wt, 5wt, [9ft] 4wt, 5wt, 6wt, 7wt, [9ft 6in] 6wt, 7wt, 8wt, [10ft] 4wt, 5wt, 6wt, 7wt, 8wt
- reversed half-wells, full wells with fighting butt
- Reel Seats
- Claimed Weight
- [8ft] 2lb 8oz, [8ft 6in] (4wt) 2lb 9.6oz, (5wt) 2lb 12.8oz, [9ft] (4wt) 2lb 12.8oz, (5wt, 6wt) 3lb, (7wt) 3lb 6.4oz, [9ft 6in] (6wt) 3lb 8oz, (7wt) 3lb 12.8oz, (8wt) 3lb 14.4oz , [10ft] (4wt) 3lb 3.2oz, (5wt) 3lb 4.8oz, (6wt) 3lb 11.2oz, (7wt) 3lb 14.4oz, (8wt)4 lb
- Recommended Use
- stillwater fishing
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
What do you think about this product?
May 14, 2021
According to reviews this should have a downlocking reel seat but the picture doesn't reflect that. Can you confirm that the model you are selling is downlocking?
June 11, 2021
Thanks for your question. These rods all have an up-locking system across all sizes and weights. Hope that helps!