Select Style & Size
Free gift with purchase!
Compact Rocket Series Fly Line
Not afraid to break the rules.
Hardy has a long tradition of building classic trout reels, but that doesn't mean it's afraid to break the rules every now and then. Here to prove that point, the Ultralite ASR Fly Reel implements a design the likes of which you've probably never seen this side of The Pond. For starters, the reel frame is composed of a machined bar-stock aluminum that is heavily ported to reduce weight while maintaining the durability required for most fishing situations. Inside the reel is a high-impact composite spool that shaves some serious ounces from the reel, giving it an ultralight feel that balances well with modern, lightweight rods. The reel comes with additional composite spools that can be quickly switched out via the spring-loaded Assisted Spool Release (ASR), so you can switch out fly lines quicker than you'd switch out flies.
- Ultralight reel balances well with modern lightweight rods
- Durable aluminum frame with ultralight composite spool
- Assisted Spool Release (ASR) system for quick spool changes
- Color-coded disc drag allows for quick adjustments to tension
- Includes two extra composite spools and protective reel case
- Hardy has been building fly fishing reels since 1891
- Item #HDY001A
- 6061 aluminum
- Drag System
- Backing Capacity
-  WF5+50yard (20lb Dacron),  WF6+50yard (20lb Dacron),  WF7+65yard (20lb Dacron),  WF8+100yard (30lb Dacron)
- Left and Right Handed Operation
- Extra Spool
- Claimed Weight
-  6.2oz,  6.6oz,  6.8oz,  7.2oz
- Recommended Use
- fly fishing
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 5 years
What do you think about this product?
October 2, 2017
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I finally caved and bought myself a Hardy Reel. So far I have loved it. It comes with a carrying case and two extra spools. If you love fly fishing then you can't go wrong with this Reel. It is top of the line in my book.