Trout of all ilks best beware.
The Hardy 4-Piece Jet Fly Rod brings the strength and agility of Sintrix sticks within reach of anglers who may not have unlimited fishing funds. Slightly softer both in action and on your bank account than the Zenith, the Jet is still made with light yet sturdy Sintrix and is spectacularly well suited to dry fly fishing. Whether you're trying to trick a trout with a nymph or going the way of a dry fly, this 4-piece sweetheart of a stick gives your casting moves that most fighter jets don't have.
Howard Croston, angler extraordinaire and rod designer for Hardy, deliberately crafted the Jet using Sintrix 330. This version of Sintrix makes the Jet stronger than typical carbon fiber fly rods by 30%, thus able to handle a bit more fish fight. High-grade cork takes the form of either full-well or half-well handles for a well-connected feel in hand. A burl spacer on some of the rods make the reel seat almost too pretty to cover. The double-nut, up-locking mechanism holds tight to the reel (sold separately) without wrecking the aesthetics of the rod.
Hard anodized aluminum hardware and Fuji guides ensure the Jet won't be phased out of your fishing arsenal due to age or intensity of use. The medium-fast, middle-to-tip action makes this an incredibly versatile rod that will perform well in almost every situation, though trying to hit the bulls-eye from 90 feet away will take focus. Four-piece construction and a cloth-covered hard rod tube makes it easy to store the Jet in the overhead compartment or fit tidily in the boot when you're ferrying actual people in your car.
- Sintrix 330 (30% stronger than normal carbon fiber fly rod)
- 4 pieces
- AAAA-grade cork handle
- Hard anodized aluminum hardware
- Fuji guides, hard chrome intermediates
- Double up-locking re
- Medium to fast action
- Includes cloth-covered hard rod tube
- Reel sold separately
- Item #HDY000J
- [rod] Sintrix (carbon fiber with silica nano spheres), [handle] AAAA-grade cork
- (3wt) 7 ft 6 in, 10 ft, (4wt) 8 ft, 8 ft 6 in, 9 ft, 10 ft, (5wt) 7 ft, 8 ft 6 in, 9 ft, 10 ft, (6wt) 8 ft, 9 ft, 9 ft 6 in, 10 ft, (7wt) 9 ft 6 in, 10 ft, (8wt) 10 ft
- Rod Weight
- 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- reverse half wells, full wells with extension handle
- Reel Seats
- twin up-locking
- Claimed Weight
- [7ft] (5wt) 2.37 oz, [7ft 6in] (3wt) 2.44 oz, [8ft] (4wt) 2.58 oz, (6wt) 2.75 oz, [8ft 6in] (4wt) 2.72 oz, (5wt) 2.82 oz, [9ft] (4wt) 2.75 oz, (5wt) 2.86 oz, (6wt) 3 oz, [9ft 6in] (6wt) 3.78 oz, (7wt) 3.92 oz, [10ft] (3wt) 3.14 oz, (4wt) 3.21 oz, (5wt) 3.25 oz, (6wt) 3.95 oz, (7wt) 4.02 oz, (8wt) 4.06 oz
- Recommended Use
- fly fishing
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime