Select style & size:Select options
Take it to the next level.
- Reel that adds a luxurious component to fishing
- Click check drag is smooth and reliable
- Anodized aluminum is lightweight and durable
- Hand-polished silver pearl finish is sleek
- Leather and sheepskin case for high-end protection
- Item #HDY000E
- Q & A
Hardy Bougle: Hardy History Video
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Since its inception in 1872 Hardy products have embodied the ultimate in form and function. The Bougle reel is a highly functional work of art!
Would the Bogle 2 13/16 accommodate a 5 wt DT line and some backing. What is the weight of this reel?
The 2 13/16" is designed by Hardy for 2wt DT line with 25 yds of backing. I would not recommend it for a 5 wt line. Personally, I would rather under weight my reel than over weight it. The 3 1/2" is for 6 wt DT line with 100 yds of backing. If I was in your shoes that is what I would go with if you want to stick with the Bougle. I've included the item number for the Bougle Mark VII for the 3 1/2" below, just type it into the search bar at the top of the page.