Ferrata II GTX Backpacking Boot
- Tackle scree fields and tough objectives with these durable boots
- Leather and nylon upper provides durability and comfort
- TubeTec Rock midsole adds comfort for long days on your feet
- Lateral Flex Technology improves forward and side to side flex
- TPU reinforced forefoot adds stability for climbing rocky aspects
- Hybrid crampon compatibility adds versatility for tough objectives
- Vibram Mont compound is grippy and re-solable
- Item #HWG0015
- Q & A
A Burly Boot
- Size Bought: 9
- Height: 5'8"
- Weight: 165lbs
A burly boot that gets the job done. Make no mistake, these will hold up to the toughest of conditions. Throw a pair of crampons on them, rope up, and traverse a glacier with easy. Find your way up a loose scramble and top out at the summit without hesitation. That said, I would not recommend them for day hikes or a trek through the woods. A mountaineering boot at heart, their soles are stiff, with little flex. Use them for what they're intended for and you'll love them too.
Should have gone with the 8.5. Size 9 worked with a thin pair of socks over a heavier pair of wool socks, but with a 26.5cm foot, 8.5 would have been the play.