Essens Mimic Insulated Vest
The Haglofs Essens Mimic Insulated Vest handles the rough and tough weather that is found when spending the day at altitude in the big mountains. Built with durable Pertex Quantum and Pontetorto Technostretch fabrics and a durable water repellent treatment, the vest withstands rugged mountain wear and light snow or rain. The QuadFusion insulation packs down similar to down, while providing breathable warmth all day long. The semi-fitted style hugs the body, making layering simple and efficient, and a high collar blocks frigid winds from biting at the neck on those extra blustery days.
- Stay warm during high intensity pursuits in a down vest
- DWR treatment sheds light rain or snow when caught in a storm
- Technostretch panels allow comfortable mobility when on the move
- QuadFusion insulation packs down and holds heat like down
- Semi-fitted cut allows for easy and efficient layering on cold days
- High collar fends off blustery winds when cresting ridge lines
- Item #HAG00LP
- Responsible Collection
- [face fabric] Pertex Quantum (polyamide), DWR, [stretch panels] Pontetorto Tecnostretch (92% polyester, 8% elastane)
- QuadFusion Mimic (recycled polyester)
- Center Back Length
- [external] 2 hand, [internal] 1 zippered stash
- Recommended Use
- backpacking, casual, cross-country, hiking, ice climbing, mountaineering, nordic classic, nordic skate, nordic touring
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
October 22, 2018
Love This Vest
- I've used it several times
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 11"
- 165 lbs
It's not easy to find a slim fit vest, which is the style I like, and this fits perfectly. The weather here in New Hampshire has been in the 30s and 40s lately and this vest, which is thin/light weight, has been great at keeping me warm in the autumn weather. Great style with its subdued puffiness. Also, I don't like following the crowd, so lesser known (here in the USA) Scandinavian brands greatly appeal to me because no one else has them. The pockets are cozy and fit my hands nicely, and there's an extra inside zipper pocket that easily can hold a wallet or big iPhone. and the craftsmanship seems very good so far. Lastly, I'd note that I'm a runner and in fairly good shape - no beer gut, which is why this fits well (it's a slim fit). If you usually wear a medium but perhaps don't have a flat stomach, you may want to consider a large as this may be too snug.
October 5, 2018
A great vest on the tighter side of size
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 6` 0"
- 200 lbs
A great product from Haglofs. I am a size 42 jacket and this vest is on the slimmer side but :) it holds everything in place. Sizing up is worn over something other than a base layer could be a good option. But it does perfectly well what it is meant for. Warm, comfy and slim fighting would well define this product. And of course as per all Haglofs products, extremely high quality .