Swedes do it better.
If there's one thing we know about Sweden, it's that they love fish. If there's a second thing, it's that they make seriously good technical outerwear like the Chute II Men's Ski Jacket from Haglöfs. The name might be new to you, but that's because Haglöfs is only just letting us North Americans get our greasy paws on its gear after 100 years of being one of the most respected names in European outerwear. The Chute II is one of its stylish and rugged freeski getups, with a long and loose fit that gives you plenty of room to move and easily accommodates body armor, and articulated sleeves that'll let you drop cliffs, poke out grabs, and shred pow in comfort. Haglöfs outfitted the nylon fabric with a DWR coating and a two-layer Gore-Tex waterproof and breathable membrane to box out the burliest weather from Sweden to the Sierras, but made sure to include easily accessible front vents that keep you cool and comfortable, even when you're wearing a pack.
The Chute is decked out with tons of tech features, too, like a removable, stretchy, and snap-down powder skirt to keep your undies snow free, and a helmet-compatible hood that's easy to adjust with one hand so you can keep your GoPro-on-a-stick-holding hand free to get the shot. Chest, hand, sleeve, and internal pockets hold everything from your supply of Swedish fish to your plastic bag full of meatballs, and the fleece-lined collar and zipper guard protect your rugged movie-star chin from the harsh winter winds.
- 70D nylon with polyester taffeta and mesh lining and a DWR coating
- Two-layer Gore-Tex membrane
- Two-way front vents
- Articulated sleeves with gusseted hook-and-loop cuffs
- Removable stretch powder skirt with gripper and snaps
- One-handed adjustable and helmet-compatible hood
- Chest, hand, sleeve, and internal pockets
- Water-resistant zipper with fleece collar and chin guard
- Backcountry.com is the exclusive North American source for Haglöfs' fall 2014 collection
- Item #HAG002V