40% Offsale $509.97 $849.95
Where skis enter the single-pound category.
Skiers were stunned when skis started weighing less than ten pounds per pair, and the fact that each Ultra 65 Ski weighs a little over a pound should be just as stunning, if not more-so. A ski this light and skinny is obviously a favorite among ski mountaineers and randonee racers. The nimble 65mm waist holds an excellent edge on conditions most commonly found in high altitudes: ice, crust, crud, and even a little corn in springtime.Hagen built the Ultra out of a light paulownia wood core with thin carbon laminates to keep the moderate flex consistent from tip to tail. Usually skis this light cap the edges to keep the weight down, but Hagen somehow managed to add durable sidewalls underfoot and still keep the weight lighter than most.
- Ski designed designed for demanding, high-altitude mountaineering
- Skinny 65mm waist keeps the ski light, nimble, and fast
- Light tour rocker makes snappy, tight turns
- Poppy paulownia core with carbon stringers for a smooth flex
- ABS sidewalls underfoot amplify durability
- Item #HSM000E
97 - 65 - 80mm
22 / 23 /24m
high molecular sintered PE with stone grind