Core 84 Ski
From a nutritional breakfast to work-life boundaries, you live for balance in everything you do, so for all-day ski tours or hut-to-hut trips you reach for the Hagan Ski Mountaineering Core 84 Ski. Splitting uphill and downhill performance 50/50, this set of touring sticks wants you to get out into the backcountry no matter the forecast, tackling everything from steep chutes to tight trees. A paulownia wood core keeps them lightweight for the uphill slog, while fiberglass laminates and titanal reinforcements ensure stiff response all the way down. Carbon in the tip and tail minimize swingweight, allowing quick and nimble response when the route gets tricky.
Part of the Core Tour AllMountain series, the Core 84 Ski is built for varying turns in varying snow conditions. As the narrowest in the collection, the 84 boasts improved uphill performance over the Core 89, with slightly more weight and strength than the Core Lite 84. Its Tour Rocker profile features early rise in the tips to help you tackle whatever comes your way, with slight rocker in the tails to ease you through turns. Like many Hagan skis, the tip and tail include a notch on the tip and hook on the tail for quick and easy climbing skin attachment, and enables you to rip skins without stepping out of your skis.
New for the 2019-2020 season, the Core series is built with a 3D-cap construction, which uses a strengthening "rib" that widens toward the tip and tail of the ski, where it then tapers to a thin profile. This unique design simultaneously reduces mass while also creating progressive flex. It still uses vertical ABS sidewalls mid-ski to ensure a high level of power transmission, so you'll be relieved of excess weight while still retaining all the tools you need to slash deep, energetic turns.
- An all-mountain touring ski built for versatility in variable snow
- 84mm waist balances uphill and downhill performance in equal measure
- Early rise tips help you tackle crud or float in deeper snow
- Camber underfoot delivers poppy response on steep terrain
- Lightweight paulownia core relieves weight on the skin track
- Fiberglass laminate and titanal reinforcements add torsional clout
- Carbon tip and tail deliver low swing weight for quick hop turns
- Quick Tour skin system lets you transition with your skis on
- Item #HSM000P
- 162cm, 170cm
- [170cm] 121 / 84 / 104mm
- Turn Radius
- [170cm] 17m
- Tour Rocker (early rise)
- fiberglass, titanal binding reinforcement
- die-cut graphite
- Claimed Weight
- [170cm] 2lb 11oz
- Recommended Use
- backcountry skiing, ski mountaineering
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?