No need to compromise.
Colder temps and winter conditions call for more room in the pack to hold the extra gear you'll be bringing on your trip. Answering the call, the Gregory Optic 58L Backpack accompanies you on multi-day treks with said additional capacity, but without forcing you to sacrifice your ultra-light priorities. Stable, supportive load management, moisture-wicking ventilation, and state-of-the-art features throughout provide you with the comfort and balanced design you need to successfully hit the trail, from the AT to the Wind River Range.
Constructed with a burly nylon fabric, the Optic shoulders the load in stable comfort thanks to a ventilated suspension system with moisture-wicking shallow-depth backpanel, which works in tandem with the dual-density padded shoulder harness to keep your back dry and well-supported throughout the adventure. A supportive lumbar pad in the hipbelt prevents back pain and fights fatigue to keep your energy conserved through multiple days on the trail, while compression straps help cinch down the load for a more stable carry. In case the weather takes a turn, the custom fitted rain cover stows in the top pocket for quick access in unexpected showers to keep your gear dry, while a small army of zippered pockets are integrated throughout this bag to organize and hold just about every trail item you'll need, from ice axes and trekking poles to multiple water bottles and pairs of sunglasses.
- Spacious backpacking pack with a stable, lightweight design
- Durable nylon keeps the pack resistant to rough surfaces
- AeroSpan suspension system ventilates and stabilizes
- Aluminum frame built with anti-barreling support
- Lumbar pad and hipbelt provide energy-saving load transfer
- Rain cover breaks out quickly for weather protection
- Gear loops and pockets carry ice axes and trekking poles
- Multiple pockets throughout offer tons of secure storage
- Item #GRE009H
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I have been using Gregory Backpack for years. Was super excited when this was released. The pack was a little heavier than expected, however efficient to do the job. New base weigh at 10.5 pounds. Have not fully tested the product but will be my go to pack for a while.