Jade 28L Backpack
Calling the Gregory Jade 28 Backpack a daypack is an understatement; this all-season trekker handles summer ridge runs and winter ice climbs with ease. Its Crossflo DTS suspension system features a wired X-frame that stretches trampoline-like mesh tight, and there's an HDPE framesheet with an anti-barreling stay for sturdy support. Cushy, ventilated EVA covers the shoulder straps and waistbelt for extra comfort.
The Jade is a traditional top-loader, upgraded with a larger zippered opening for better access to gear. There's an internal sleeve and tube port for hydration reservoirs, as well as an external pocket with a removable rain cover inside. The backpack's bottom loops attach trekking poles or ice axes, and Gregory added dual stretch side pockets for water bottles, dual waistbelt pockets for lip balm and energy gels, and security pockets both inside and out for electronics and valuables.
- Technical daypack that goes above and beyond the call of duty
- Robust construction ensures durability through the years
- CrossFlo suspension system adds stable, ventilated comfort
- EVA foam in the shoulder straps and waist belt cushion the load
- Integrated rain cover is removable for versatile use
- Ice axe and trekking pole carry helps free up your hands
- Bevy of pockets organize all of your on-trail essentials
- Item #GRE00B3
- [body] 210D nylon, 100D nylon, [base] 210D nylon, [lining] 200D embossed polyester
- 28L (1709cu in)
- CrossFlo DTS, wire X frame, dynamic yoke, suspended mesh back, ventilated die-cut EVA foam, HDPE framesheet
- Shoulder Straps
- ventilated die-cut EVA foam
- Waist Belt
- yes, ventilated die-cut EVA foam
- Hydration Compatible
- yes, sleeve and port
- 1 zippered top, 1 zippered internal, 2 waistbelt, 2 side, 1 front stash
- Ice Axe Carry
- Trekking Pole Carry
- Rain Cover
- Weight Capacity
- 19 x 12 x 8in
- Claimed Weight
- 2lb 11oz
- Recommended Use
- hiking, travel
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
What do you think about this product?
December 2, 2020
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 6"
- 135 lbs
The Gregory Jade 28 is my first "official" hiking daypack - I used to carry my old Under Armour backpack from undergrad. I absolutely love this pack from the fit to the features. With a bit of squeezing, the hip belt pockets fit my Samsung Galaxy S9+ with Lifeproof case. The water bottle pockets sit in a way that I can reach to get/put away bottles from Nalgene to Smart Water. The main compartment is roomy and the outer pockets satisfy my need to organize. The built in rain cover is easy to use and put away. I do wish that Gregory made this pack in a smaller volume, like 20L in addition to the 28L. However, I'll appreciate the room when I take this out on longer winter hikes. Overall great, solid pack.
September 16, 2019
perfect size for my hiking. It fit right at my waist
March 11, 2019
Great Pack!!! Exactly right!
- I've used it several times
After getting the right size, with super help from the folks here, this pack is worth the wait!!! It fits my body just right, no rubbing, no slightly 'not right' places. I love it and it's flexibility! and the pockets too!