Lightweight gear gobbler.
Great for long trips or holding all the gear needed for tackling big peaks, the Granite Gear Nimbus Trace Access 85 Backpack is light and durable. The largest model in the Nimbus family, this load-gobbling pack features a 3D TopoFlex frame engineered to fit the topography of your back and mimic the way you naturally flex. The single pivot point attachment system on the shoulder straps and hip belt provide a more precise fit and enhanced movement. In order to give support to the frame, Granite Gear used a maple-core composite laminate that offers lightweight longitudinal rigidity. The advection back panel compliments the Topoflex frame in order to encourage more heat transfer and dissipation while simultaneously using the natural symmetry of the back.
Granite Gear loaded the Nimbus Trace Access 85 with numerous features for increased ease of use. The top-load design is complemented with a dual zipper front access panel, so you can snag that hammock for an afternoon snooze without having to pull half your gear out of your pack. A hydration port and internal sleeve keeps you hydrated as you go, while stretch pockets and gear loops offer secure storage and easy access. Compression straps help you keep your gear tight and together. And when you've reached the saddle and are ready to summit, the detachable hip-pack lid lets you bring along essentials without having to carry all your gear.
- A large pack for week-long backpacking trips
- 3D TopoFlex ensures a comfortable and breathable feel
- Maple-core composite laminate panel supports heavy loads
- Top-load design with dual zipper front access
- Single pivot shoulder straps and hip belt
- Advection back panel for more heat transfer
- Removable lid doubles as a summit pack
- Hydration port and internal sleeve for easy on-trail hydration
- Item #GRG002I
- Q & A
Will this pack accept a bear canister (BV500) horizontally?