Select style & size:Select options
Go off grid.
Whether you've gotten separated from your group at Burning Man, or the zombie apocalypse has come at last, should cell phone towers fail you, the goTenna Mesh can help facilitate communication between you and your loved ones. The goTenna mesh connects to your smartphone using Bluetooth, permitting you to create a low frequency radio wave network that allows you to share text messages and GPS locations with other Mesh users.
The goTenna Mesh allows you to communicate not only with the partner Mesh device, but with any other Mesh users in the area. If you happen to be too far from your friends, other holders in the area will be able to boost your signal and bounce your message on down the line. At 1.7 ounces, it's considerably lighter than most hand-held radio transmitters, and thanks to an adjustable silicone attachment strap, it's easy to clip on to your belt or a backpack.
- 1-watt UHF radio device for creating an off-the-grid network
- Connects to phone via Bluetooth and a downloadable app
- Transmits texts, location data, and downloaded maps
- Point-to-point range is about 1 to 3 miles depending on terrain
- Point-to-point range is extended by additional users in the area
- Allows private chats, group chats, or public broadcasts
- LED status indicator lights up when a message is received
- Includes two goTenna Mesh devices and two micro-USB charging cables
- Item #GTN0002
- Q & A
A must for enjoying the back country
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
The original goTenna is a great product, however the goTenna mesh takes it to a whole new level. Like many reviewers have said the size is much smaller and it is so light in weight that you barely notice it in a pocket. These are a must for anyone who goes to packed events like football or the great outdoors where cell signal may be non-existent. However, There are so many other uses for them. You can get them for your kids so they can communicate and stay in touch with you if they only have an wifi iPad or iPod touch or as natural disaster preparedness. Basically these are a must for everyone and as a bonus as more people get them everyone has a wider network to communicate.