Windstopper Base Layer Shirt
Breezy spring days don't feel quite so chilly when you take away the wind factor, and that's exactly what the Gore Wear Windstopper Base Layer Shirt was built to do. It layers underneath your go-to jersey and fits next to skin for a barely there feel, while providing a Gore Windstopper membrane that keeps wind and water outside, and facilitating moisture transfer so you can keep cool and dry when you're crushing steep climbs, preventing cold wet sweat on the descent.
For its construction, Gore crafts the Windstopper Base Layer from a light polyester for excellent wicking, and stretchy panels that help you move comfortably and freely on the bike. Minimalist flatlock seams hold the panels together, reducing potentially irritating areas, and keeping the fit smooth and streamlined. In back you'll find a bit of extra length to help keep you covered when you're hunched over in the drops pushing for your breakaway.
- A light and breathable base with wind protection
- Gore Windstopper membrane in front cuts the breeze
- Next to skin fit slides on under jerseys with ease
- Reduce chaffing and irritation with flatlock seams
- Polyester wicks and dries quickly for all-day comfort
- Extra-long back gives you coverage in the drops
- Item #GWR002T
- [membrane] GORE Windstopper, [face fabric] 100% polyester, [stretch panels] 88% polypropylene, 8% elastane, 4% nylon
- Recommended Use
- road cycling
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 6 months
What do you think about this product?
December 29, 2019
good base layer
- I've put it through the wringer
- Runs small
- Size Bought
- Extra Large - and it is snug on me
- 5` 11"
- 166 lbs
I have two of these. They are pretty effective at keeping me comfortable - depending on what I am wearing it under. Like most of the WindStopper products, this one has denser fabric in front and more breathable fabric in the back. By the time I finish my ride and pull off my jersey, this thing is soaking wet, but you don't realize that while riding because it is pretty effective at keeping me feeling dry.
December 28, 2019
- I returned this product before using it
Runs very small. Be aware that there is a fee of $6.99 for exchanges. Won't shop here again. Gorewear.com offers free shipping and free 30-day returns.
January 13, 2019
great wind protector
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- True to size
this was a great base layer for when we went skiing in 5-10 degree weather ! it blocked wind but yet it allowed my sons skin to perspire. My sons wore them every day. I was able to wash at hotel at night time and it dried pretty fast for the next day