Windstopper Base Layer Long-Sleeve Shirt
The Windstopper Base Layer Long-Sleeve Shirt is a classic from Gore Wear and is one of its best-selling women's pieces and the fact that this base layer possesses highly stretchy second skin comfort, blocks harsh winds, and repels water might have something to do with this. It also quickly moves moisture away from your skin, dries quickly, and is highly breathable keeping you comfortable and less clammy when the temperature or pace picks up.
This base layer is thin enough to wear under a long-sleeve jersey or jacket and its extra-long back provides a touch more protection from road spray. We really like the amount of warmth it helps provide while keeping bulk to a minimum. Its minimized seams are flat-locked to minimize friction and irritation from chafing.
- Gore technology on display with this baselayer
- Gore Windstopper keeps cold blasts at bay
- Stretchy poly fabric moves as you do in active pursuits
- Minimized seams receive flatlock stitching for chafe-free comfort
- Extra long back adds coverage from road spray
- Item #GWR006G
- [membrane] GORE Windstopper, [main fabric] 100% polyester, [panels] 88% polyproylene, 8% elastane, 4% nylon
- Insulation Weight
- Recommended Use
- commuting, cross-country, hiking, road cycling, road running, trail, trail running
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 6 months
What do you think about this product?
November 25, 2020
Didn't Meet My Expectations
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Runs small
- Size Bought
- 5` 3"
- 145 lbs
First time out hiking on a cold and windy Colorado day, it did not do a great job blocking the wind. I had a smartwool base layer and one other layer under a mid-weight jacket. It did wick well though. I had higher hopes for it. I did return it. I wear a 38B bra and ordered an XL which fit snuggly. It is meant to be a skin hugger. As I write this, I see it's on sale. Try it. You may like it for other uses and conditions. Hope that helps