Select a Size
Select a Color
H5 Gore-Tex Shakedry Hooded Jacket
Designed to keep you dry inside and out while hiking and camping comes the H5 Gore-Tex Shakedry Hooded Jacket from Gore Wear. Benefiting from the highly successful Gore Shakedry technology first utilized in its cycling and running apparel, this award-winning laminate now meets the needs of hikers.
It's incredibly light, easy to pack, and protects you from anything Mother Nature can dish out, with the ability to stow easily when it's not needed. What makes Gore Shakedry so revolutionary is its ability to eliminate the face fabric making the jacket lighter and creating a persistent beading surface so the jacket sheds water continuously and will never soak through. In order to make it stand up better to hiking and backpacking exploits, it includes a stronger membrane and backing material for abrasion-resistance against rocks, limbs, and pack straps.
Additionally, in order to make wearing a pack more comfortable, the seams on the jacket are fully redesigned with hikers in mind. To avoid chafing, the shoulder seam is eliminated altogether, and the seams around the torso are carefully placed in a way that they don’t interfere with the chest and waist straps of a pack. Pocket placement is also optimized to accommodate a pack, ensuring you can still reach your essentials when loaded down.
- A rugged rain jacket for hiking and mountaineering
- Durably waterproof, doesn't soak up rain and snow
- Totally windproof reducing the chilling effect of wetted out fabric
- Lightest and most breathable GORE-TEX laminate with RET < 3
- Highly breathable and vents prevent overheating
- Reflective details on all sides offer 360-degree visibility
- Low pack volume so it can be stowed away easily
- Low profile hood visor with integrated elastic provides a snug fit
- Item #GWR0091
- [membrane/laminate] Gore-Tex Active with ShakeDry, [face fabric] 100% nylon
- fully sealed
- 2 zippered front
- front pockets
- 360-degree details
- Recommended Use
- backpacking, hiking, mountaineering
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
March 5, 2019
The best got better
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 10"
- 165 lbs
I have the R7 shakedry jacket, and it is truly and monumentally the most amazing thing. The only thing that could make it better, just happened. Some subtle venting options and added durability take the shakedry fabric to the next level. Now you can enjoy the level of protection always promised from Gore-Tex, without the face fabric wetting out over hours in the rain, and take the product to the limit brushing up against the occasional tree or rock... Winning, Fit is more relaxed than the standard Gore fit, more appropriate for fast hikes or a few layers under if needed.
March 5, 2019
How much does this jacket weigh? Thank you!
March 20, 2019
Hi Kelly, this jacket weighs 240 grams in size large with tags on. If you have any other questions, feel free to chat in or call a Gearhead.