C7 Gore-Tex Shakedry Jacket
Okay, so you're probably not going to be singing and dancing in the rain anytime soon, seeing you'd rather be cycling on a balmy summer day. However, you'll certainly be ready for cold drizzle and torrential downpours of spring and autumn with the Women's C7 Gore-Tex Shakedry Jacket by Gore Wear. This essential piece of rainy day kit provides the impenetrable protection and breathability that Gore-Tex is legendary for, but with an innovative twist that keeps you from slogging across town as a cold, clammy mess.
By placing the Gore-Tex membrane on the outside of the jacket where the face fabric normally resides, the Women's C7 Gore-Tex Shakedry Jacket is able to withstand deluges without wetting out, which is a phenomenon where the face fabric's DWR finish stops doing its job. This normally happens after hours of non-stop rain and numerous days in the saddle where dirt, oil, and grime reduce the DWR's water-shedding ability. Ultimately, Shakedry technology provides the same breathable comfort and dryness you've come to love from traditional Gore-Tex membranes, but without a face fabric to soak up excess water on those especially wet days.
- Eliminates the cold, clammy feel on soaking-wet rides
- Shakedry places the membrane outside to prevent wetting out
- Reliable waterproofing in heavy rain + highly breathable comfort
- Since there's no face fabric, it's both lightweight and packable
- Cycling-specific cut with dropped rear for protection from splashes
- Zippered pocket at rear for storing snacks and essential tools
- Reflective logos enhance visibility on dark, gloomy days
- Elastic hem for a secure fit without it riding up
- Item #GWR001I
- Q & A
Nicely fitted, super light!
The Gore C7 Shakedry is nicely fitted, keeps you very dry, and easily packs into a pocket. It's given me the confidence to go out riding even when the weather is threatening. And since it packs away easily, I just throw it in the pocket anytime there's even a chance of getting rained on.