C5 Gore-Tex Thermo Glove
Even with a proper cold weather kit, it can be tricky to keep your hands warm and dry in winter conditions. Cold temperatures try to get the best of your fingers, while tire spray from wet roads threatens to soak them. With a pair of weatherproof cycling gloves like the C5 Gore-Tex Thermo Glove from Gore Wear, early winter rides are certainly more pleasant.
The Gore-Tex membrane is waterproof, windproof and breathable, shielding your hands from the cold and rain while ensuring they don't get clammy if you start to heat up. The membrane combines with synthetic insulation to keep your hands warm down to about 40-degree temperatures, per Gore's recommendation. The glove's interior has a brushed liner that is soft on your skin to enhance comfort. The exterior of the glove has a synthetic leather palm to improve your grip on the bars, along with foam padding on the palm to dampen road vibration—making them suitable for longer rides.
- Weatherproof cycling glove for cold, wet conditions
- Gore-Tex membrane is waterproof, windproof, breathable
- Insulation keeps fingers warm in early winter temperatures
- Soft brushed liner is comfortable on your skin
- Synthetic leather palm enhances grip on the bars
- Padding on palm reduces road vibration for long-ride comfort
- Absorbent material on thumb wipes away perspiration
- Reflective elements enhance visibility to traffic
- Item #GWR007F
- Q & A
Nice gloves, but they run small
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: large
- Height: 5'8"
- Weight: 165lbs
These are nice gloves since they are wind proof, but they tend to run very small. I usually get medium gloves, but decided to get these in large. The fit was surprisingly small. I can get them on but they feel like a medium size. They seem more suited for women's hands. I will keep them, because I like the dexterity, but if I was to order more of these I would get an extra large or 3XL. I gave these 3 stars because of the fit.