Functionality is its forte.
The Gore Wear C3 Classic Bib Shorts+ are designed to be an everyday workhorse for road and trail rides, enabling you to go farther and push harder without lacking support or succumbing to irritation. For trail riders, they wear effortlessly underneath your favorite baggies with their streamlined, form-fitting design. Since they're not transparent, you can also use them as a standalone piece while road and cross-country riding, especially if you're seeking fine-tuned support without baggies getting in the way.
In case you're wondering how they're able to transition from road to trail, we'd point to the Active chamois. This chamois employs a hybrid design that's low-profile enough for road riding, yet plush and supportive enough to lessen fatiguing vibration when you're pummeling over unruly terrain on the trail. Looking past the chamois, you'll find a stretchy and supportive body complemented with full mesh bibs for upright support without drenching you in perspiration or creating irritation issues.
- Functional bib shorts for both road and trail rides
- Wear them under trail baggies or as standalone short
- Resilient fabric with ample stretch for fluid motion
- Active chamois is designed for road and trail rides
- Mesh bibs provide upright support without sweating
- Form-fitting design supports hard working muscles
- Reflective logo for visibility in low lighting
- Item #GWR003G
- Q & A
good pair of cycling shorts
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Size Bought: medium
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 200lbs
I purchased these for additional shorts and I couldn't find my normal brand. These shorts fit a little loose on me in a medium size but are comfortable for the ride. They didn't ride up the leg or bunch in the crotch but after about an hour you will notice the lack of padding. I don't know about longevity of quality as I've only had them for a couple weeks.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
These are just average bibs. The shammy is very compressible, which I don't like because it provides very little padding. I kept these because they fit and I need a second pair of bibs, but overall these are very mediocre ~$40 value maybe.