Keeps your toes toasty.
If you're like us, you've probably persevered on your training bike through some bone-chilling temperatures and downright nasty conditions in late autumn and early winter. No doubt, your feet were probably a bit cold, especially with near-freezing temperatures and blustery conditions stealing any precious warmth trapped under your socks. The answer to your cold-footed cycling woes lies in the Road Gore-Tex Thermo Overshoe by Gore Bike Wear, which features a cozy thermo lining that locks in extra warmth from escaping in the cold.
This overshoe features a Gore-Tex WindStopper membrane for total windproof protection, as well as high levels of breathability and water-resistance. What makes it different from the vast majority of overshoes is the thermo lining, which traps precious warmth from escaping into the surrounding air. This means your feet will stay pleasantly warm when you're attempting to keep up with your training routine through nasty cold fronts.
- Toasty overshoe for training in cold weather
- WindStopper is an impenetrable barrier to whipping winds
- WindStopper remains breathable and repels soaking moisture
- Thermo lining material retains heat in freezing conditions
- Works with standard cycling shoes and pedal systems
- Semi-locking zipper + elastic rear for a snug fit
- Reflective logo and piping for visibility
- Item #GBW00BM
- Q & A
Worse than the old design
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
In theory, new design should improve on old one, well not here. The old Goretex Thermo shoe cover was almost perfect. It was warm, tall, provides enough coverage and has the great velcro closure, which makes putting it on and taking it off a breeze. The new one is many steps behind. It is still warm, but its cuff is shorter, the sole is also more open and the zipper is not as good as the velcro. I am disappointed by the new design. I am glad I hoarded two of the old ones.