It's all downhill from here.
The only better feeling than reaching the top of an arduous, winding canyon hill climb is the feeling of riding back down it. And instead of letting those whipping winds at high-speeds sap your warmth, zip up the Gore Bike Wear Phantom Plus Gore Windstopper Zip-Off Jacket and enjoy every mile of that well-deserved descent.
The Gore Windstopper membrane acts as an impenetrable shield against piercing winds that can chill you to the bone, while still maintaining high levels of breathability to allow internal moisture to escape easily. Stretch inserts ensure your range of motion is never restricted, and the detachable raglan sleeves give you options to adapt to the ever-changing weather on your ride. Reflective print on the zipper and binding at the hem give you enhanced visibility for low-light rides, and the DWR-treatment on this jacket helps you shed light precipitation in passing storms.
- Protective road jacket shields against whipping winds
- Gore Windstopper membrane deflects wind and breathes
- Regular fit ensures room for layers underneath
- Raglan sleeves detach via zipper to offer versatility
- Reflective prints give your jacket added visibility
- DWR-treatment helps you stay dry in light rain showers
- Multiple pockets bring along snacks, maps, and your phone
- Item #GBW008T
- Q & A
I live in this thing
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Between the months of, say, September and May, I almost don't take this thing off. It's the perfect top layer in anything but a driving rainstorm--toasty but breathable, tough but stretchy, stylish but high-vis.
I find softshells way more versatile than hardshells for cycling, and this is the best one I've found in my thousands of miles of riding. For the record, this fits more like an American t-shirt than an Italian jersey. Buy your t-shirt size.
Toasty and wind proof jacket
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: Runs large
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 190lbs
I purchased this jacket to wear for early cold morning rides. I found that I was overheating in temps above 35 F. The front pocket works as a vent ( bonus). Plenty of room in the rear pockets. I usually wear a large, and found that I needed to downsize on this item.