Why We Like The Yeti 500X Portable Power Station
Solar panels are capable of gathering plenty of energy to power the devices we need, whether we're car camping, working on a remote photo shoot, or staying at a yurt for a weekend. Making the problem of storing solar energy easier, the Yeti 500X Portable Power Station improves on Goal Zero's previous designs by integrating a Li-ion battery to the system, which increases surge allowances and reduces weight and bulk of the battery pack for a more compact and efficient way to store our power.
- Portable power supply supplies battery life for remote camping
- Multiple output options ensure all of your devices are charged
- Solar panels (sold separately) expand the life of the battery life
- Replaceable batteries ensure your power levels stay optimized for years
- Updated shell is 20% lighter for easy transport
- Item #GZRG01C
- Battery Type
- Li-Ion NMC
- Charge Time
- [max input] 3hrs (180W), [car and wall] 4.5hrs (120W), [wall] 10hrs (60W), [Nomad 20] 30-60hrs, [Nomad 50] 12-24hrs, [Boulder 50] 12-24hrs, [Nomad 100] 6-12hrs, [Boulder 100 briefcase] 6-12hrs, [Boulder 100] 6-12hrs, [Boulder 200 briefcase] 3-6hrs
- [8mm charging port] 13-25V, up to 10A, [USB-C PD port] 5-20V, up to 3A, regulated
- [USB-A ports] 5V, up to 2.4A, regulated, [USB-C PD port] 1 at 18W man, 1 at 60W max, [6mm port] 12V up to 10A, [12V car port] 12V up to 10A, [120V AC inverter] 120V AC 60Hz
- 7.5 x 11.25 x 6in
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- photography/media, weekend camping
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 6 months
What do you think about this product?
June 13, 2021
Only thing worse than the product was…
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
…the service. Died and wouldn’t take a charge from any source. Tried several attempts to contact GZ for help. No replies. Returned it to the store and replaced it with a Jackery. Finally got in touch with GZ to see if I could return the accessories that I had purchased that I could no longer use. The said I was outside of the time window to return. What a joke. It’s a bad company and I will not buy from them again.
October 17, 2020
How long the Yeti 500 can keep a household refrigerator cold (without using or opening the door)?