Why We Like The Goal Zero Yeti 1500X Portable Power Station
New to the Goal Zero family and designed from the ground up, the Yeti Lithium 1400 Solar Generator is one of the most innovative and versatile portable power stations to be created yet. Built-in surge allowances and multi-stage protection means it's compatible with a wide range of devices, from lights and laptops to power tools and refrigerators, so you can use it during emergency power outages, at base camp on expeditions, when working in the field, or just on an extended weekend camping trip.
There are two ways to charge the Yeti plug it into a wall charger before your trip and have it fully charged within 25 hours. It's also compatible and chainable with Goal Zero's Boulder solar panels (not included), with recharge times ranging from over 100 hours to less than 10, depending on which Boulder model you have and how many of them you have. And if you're wondering just how much juice you'll get out of a full recharge, you can expect it to run a refrigerator for 24 hours, 23+ charges for a laptop, 70+ charges for a smartphone, and 230+ charges for a GoPro or headlamp. So while it may take a while to fully charge the Yeti, it can last you a long while depending on your usage.
The Yeti's award-winning design features an informative display that lets you monitor usage data in real time, letting you keep an eye on runtime/recharge time estimates, as well as an output and input meter. Goal Zero also included plenty of other information with the Yeti, including storage and downtime maintenance tips, best-use strategy, and cold-weather usage so you can make the most of your power station.
- Clean source for quiet, clean power
- Powers a variety of devices
- Chainability lets you customize your system
- Wi-Fi compatibility enables app use
- 10 ports let you power multiple devices
- Charges via solar or wall outlet
- Item #GZRG01E
- Battery Type
- Li-ion NMC
- 1516Wh (10.8V, 140.4Ah)
- Charge Time
- [120W power supply AC wall charger (included)] 14hr, [100W solar panels (sold separately)] 18 - 36hr
- 1 High Power charging port (AC, solar, 14 - 50V, up to 50A, 600W max), 2 8mm charging port (AC, solar, 14 - 50V, up to 10A, 150W max), 1 USB-C PD port (5 - 20V, up to 3A, 60W max)
- 2 AC (1500W, 3000W surge), 2 USB-A (5V, up to 2.4A, 12W max), 1 USB-C (5 - 12V, up to 3A, 18W max), 2 6mm (12V, up to 10A, 160W max), 1 12V car port (up to 15A, 180W max), 1 USB-C PD port (5 - 20V, up to 3A, 60W max), 2 High Power port (12V, up to 15A, 180W max), Expansion Module Port
- 15.25 x 10.2 x 10.4in
- Claimed Weight
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
- weekend camping, casual