Need advice picking the right gear for your next adventure?Talk to a Gearhead
Select style & size:Select options
Already equipped with pro models for his urban and backcountry snowboarding exploits, Forest Bailey had Gnu cook up the Spasym Snowboard to be his pure carving board. This asymmetrical directional board was built to help you carve up groomers, slice up steeps, and rally around banked slalom courses.
It all starts with the asym directional shape. Not only does it have a tapered tail and setback stance, but it's also equipped with a deeper heel sidecut and asym core that helps make your heelside carves feel as powerful and controlled as your toeside turns. The C3 profile features aggressive camber zones underfoot for serious edge hold and response, with just a bit of mild rocker between the bindings to keep it forgiving and floaty in powder. The stiffer flex won't give out on you when you're fully laying into a carve, and Magne-Traction edges cut through icy slopes so you can still have fun when conditions are less than prime. Also, since this board is both directional and asymmetrical, you have to be sure to select either goofy or regular, depending on what your natural stance is.
- Forest Bailey's asym directional built for carving
- Asymmetrical sidecut enhances heelside turning power
- C3 hybrid profile offers aggressive response and pop
- Magne-Traction ensures reliable edge hold
- Light, snappy core from sustainably-harvested trees
- UHMW sidewalls enhance durability
- Gnu uses eco-conscious manufacturing techniques
- Note: there are goofy- and regular-specific versions
- Item #GNU006T