Appropriate for adventure.
There's a time and place for power meters, Lycra, and skinsuits, but multiday gravel touring adventures and shuttle laps need not apply. Instead, those days are best paired with liners, Giro's Venture Shorts II, and an empty spot on your handlebar where the head unit would normally go. The shorts' synthetic blend is mostly nylon, giving the Venture II a more durable face than your typical Lycra shorts and helping it stand up to granite boulders-turned-benches or the rough surface of concrete parking stops when you stop at a country store to rest and refuel.
- Overshorts for the long and short of gravel and trail riding
- Synthetic construction breathes and stands up to abuse
- Tailored fit strikes a balance between cycling and casual shorts
- Four-way stretch for unimpeded pedal strokes
- Includes four drop-in pockets and one zippered security pocket
- Casual styling transitions from saddle to café to everyday life
- Item #GIR00HE
- Q & A
Depends on your bod
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: 32
- Height: 5'11"
Got these in a 32, which is my normal size. Waist is good, right what I'd want in terms of fit. Unfortunately, the hips/buttocks/upper thighs is too small. No way I'm riding in these, especially if I am wearing an undershort. Material and construction looked to be good quality. I wish these had a waist adjustment and I could get away sizing up to a 34.
Best non-bib shorts I’ve worn
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
Wanted a bib-alternative short, was surprised how well they fit, great comfort while riding. Even look good hiking, etc.