Why We Like The Tyrant MIPS Helmet
From backyard jump jams, to sessioning your favorite piece of singletrack, Giro's new Tyrant is designed to meet the needs of today's progressive trail riders. Though the style is reminiscent of old-school BMX helmets, it comes equipped with modern safety features like Spherical MIPS and progressive foam layering that handles both high- and low-speed impacts.
- Open-face helmet with added coverage for rowdy trails
- Two-piece shell brings durability without excess weight
- MIPS Spherical redirects impact energy during a crash
- EPS foam outer layer protects against high-speed impacts
- Softer EPP inner layer takes care of low-speed impacts
- 14 vents with internal channels to keep your head cool
- Adjustable Roc Loc fit system enhances comfort and stability
- Ages 5 and older
- Item #GIRZ31M
- Shell Material
- hardshell with in-mold polycarbonate lower wrap
- Impact Foam
- [outer layer] EPS, [inner layer] EPP
- 14 vents with internal channeling, Stack Ventilation at brow line
- Fit Adjustment
- Roc Loc Air
- adjustable, tool-free bolt-on
- CPSC, CE EN1078
- Claimed Weight
- [small] 530g
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
May 7, 2020
The Only Helmet You'll Ever Need
- I've used it several times
- True to size
- Size Bought
There is plenty of venting; its light enough, and the vented ear coverage on the sides should be on all helmets! The strap has a quick-click connection making it easy and simple to strap in. Visor is adjustable. The ear coverage does not interfere with hearing. This helmet is suitable for mountain biking, gravel roads and even road riding. I have been mountain biking for over 30 years, and until GIro reworked the Switchblade, I wore an old-school BMX over the ears solid helmet, and have never overheated.I still wear it when its cool or cold. The Tyrant is only the 2nd actual mtn biking helmet I have owned. Better coverage than the Fox Dropframe. Get this Helmet!
August 12, 2021
How much does it weights?